Workplace Hazards - Who Is Responsible?
I went to an OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) workshop the other day. We learned about Workplace Safety and Health Hazards.
They include the following:
1. General Safety Hazards - falling, working with sharp objects, slipping, fire hazards,etc.
2. Biological Hazards - mold fungus,infectious diseases, like tuberculosis, coronavirus, insects,etc.
3. Ergonomic Hazards - lifting (heavy boxes), back strain, standing all day,maintaining awkward postures,etc.
4. Psychological/Stress Hazards - heavy workloads, long work hours,violent colleagues,workplace violence,etc.
5. Chemical Hazards - existence of lead, asbestos,formaldehude,
6. Physical hazards - noise,,poor lighting,lack of ventilation,poor temperatures,etc.
Workplace bullying falls under psychological hazards.It is important for our workplaces to prevent accidents, and to protect the health and safety of our colleagues.
Please consider my services by looking at my website at: www.bullyingpreventionconsulting.com or write to me at email@example.com. We offer individual consults as well as workshops for small or large scale groups.