Trends in the Workplace for the 21st Century should Decrease Workplace Bullying if Implemented
We need to think of ways to stop workplace bullying. As a manager or supervisor, we need to think of ways that will minimize, if not eradicate such behaviors. As our workplaces are becoming more diverse and accepting of different situations-part-timers, full-timers, stay at home workers, workers in the office,etc. our workplace trends are changing in the twenty first century.
Are we creating a more sensitive workplace (Vozza, 2019):
1. There are now more opportunities for flexible work as a result of emerging technologies-so that the original 9 am-5 pm design is changing, and more flexible arrangements are being accounted. Work opportunities are becoming more remote and the pool of candidates is becoming more expansive where colleagues are coming from different geographical locations.This can increase morale and decrease commuting times to get to work.
2. More emphasis on diversity and inclusion has led to different perspectives and more creativity. Many organizations have built-in programs that recognize potential bias and there are more supports and training to be inclusive in the workforce.
3. There are more objective formulas for salary where pay is becoming more transparent.
In this way companies can diminish biases and overt inequality in salaries between men and woman. A company must be held accountable to achieving such standards.
4. Renewed focus on skills where on the job training and skills development are becoming more commonplace in the work environment. Mentoring of co-workers is on the rise.
5. Employees want to find work that is meaningful--and that has a purpose. In this way there are higher levels of job satisfaction for everyone on the job.
We hope with these trends workplace bullying is on the decrease.
Please consider my services by looking at my website at: www.bullyingpreventionconsulting.com or write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer individual consults as well as workshops for small or large scale groups.