Tips For Staying Lucid In A Toxic Environment
The following describes ten tips for staying sane in a toxic work environment(Hufflington Post, February 18,2016):
1. Don't Take Work Home With You - set a rule for yourself that you don't talk about your job at home
2. Do You Have Someone You Vent To? - having a support system is very essential.
3. Look For Positive Thoughts About Your Job - if you've lost motivation, think about professional development opportunities that can move your career interests forward.
4. Create An Exit Strategy - even if you are not leaving immediately think about the time you will leave and what you will do anyway.
5. Establish Boundaries--don't come in early nor stay late-don't work on weekends nor work from home.
6. Create A Positive Work Space-have photos or quotes around your work space to remind yourself that your job is not everything.
7. Be True To Yourself - sometimes you sacrifice time to function in a toxic environment-change only if you really want to.
8. Find Outlets For Stress Relief During The Day --if tomorrow is not the day you quit-find ways like going for a walk, exercising-anything that helps you decompress from the stress on the job.
9. Focus On The Facts Not On The Stories - stay away from gossip-be grounded in reality.
10. Clear Up Misunderstandings Right Away - do not let problems increase or intensify
Please consider my services by looking at my website at www.bullyingpreventionconsulting.com or write to me at email@example.com. We offer individual consults as well as workshops for small or large scale groups.